Ephesians 4:4-6 There is one body and one Spirit— just as you were called to one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
1. One Body – is comprised of all disciples of Jesus who have obeyed the gospel. They are to work together to obey the will of God, as they feed and support each other.
2. One Spirit – or Holy Spirit is the third person of the God head who indwells and empowers each Christian.
3. One Hope – is our confident expectation that Christ will return and Christians will be raised from the dead in new bodies to live forever with Christ in Heaven.
4. One Faith – is based on our firm belief in the absolute truth of all scripture and it’s message that Jesus Christ died to pay for our sins, was buried and rose again.
5. One Lord – is God the son, Jesus Christ who paid for our sins and is now seated at the right hand of God the father offering salvation to all mankind.
6. One Baptism – is being immersed in water as the pledge of a good conscience toward God, for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
7. One God & Father – Is one in purpose, power and presence with the Spirit and the Son, but different in person. Everything is to be done for His glory.